Pico Default Theme Changelog
Note: This changelog only provides technical information about the changes introduced with a particular Pico version, and is meant to supplement the actual code changes. The information in this changelog are often insufficient to understand the implications of larger changes. Please refer to both the UPGRADE and NEWS sections of the docs for more details.
* [New] Add Pico's official logo and tagline * [New] Add some utility classes for typography and images * [Changed] Improve documentation of `pico-theme.yml` * [Changed] Various small improvements
* [Changed] Add basic `pico-theme.yml` to use API v3, enable Twig's autoescape feature (no changes necessary) and register `Social` meta header * [Changed] Use Pico's `pages` Twig function to create the main navigation * [Changed] Improve formatting of definition lists and inline code snippets * [Changed] Improve JSDoc class docs * [Changed] Various small improvements
* [New] Add `2.0.x-dev` alias for master branch to `composer.json`
* [New] Add Bountysource * [Changed] Improve documentation
* [Fixed] Fix sliding animation of collapsible menu in IE 9 * [Changed] Move Fontello font to `icon/` directory * [Changed] Move stylesheets to `css/` directory * [Changed] Improve Fontello font copyright notice * [Changed] Add Droid Sans and Droid Sans Mono font files to `font/` directory, making Pico's default theme fully self-containing
Note: Pico's default theme was completely rewritten from scratch for Pico 2.0 and moved to this separate repository. This changelog only provides basic information about the most important changes compared to Pico 1.0. It therefore doesn't include the changes made before this release. The rewrite breaks backwards compatibility (BC).
* [New] Rewrite Pico's default theme from scratch with a much cleaner, more modern, but still "stupidly simple" structure; the new theme officially supports Internet Explorer 9+ as well as all versions of the major desktop and mobile browsers, as long as they are still officially supported by their respective vendor * [New] Pico's default theme is now a fully responsive theme, adapting the layout to the viewing environment (desktops vs. tablets vs. smartphones vs. ...) * [New] Add a collapsible page menu for small screens (menu slides up/down) * [New] Add basic form themeing * [New] Support a "widescreen" mode, demonstrating how themes can adjust their behavior using config parameters (i.e. Pico's `config/config.yml`) * [Changed] Show top-level pages in the website's navigation only (i.e. show `page.md` and `sub/index.md`, but not `sub/page.md`) * [Changed] Hide pages starting with a `_` in the website's navigation * [Changed] Move Pico's social icons from `index.md` to `_meta.md`, demonstrating how themes can use YAML-only meta pages to support dynamic content